seasons of the spirit


blustery rainstorms
sticky mud turned lush green
overnight we have been reborn
promise, promise, promise
buds and shoots from death
I remember
new life is a miracle.

the air is heavy with sunshine
we are thirsty
buds became blossoms
blossoms wither
the earth swells with fruitfulness
I remember
there is joy in the harvest.

there's a chill in the air
nipping my nose and lungs
blood on the leaves
as they fall
in their wind-whipped dance
I remember
sometimes death is beautiful.

in the stillness
of the ice
blindingly blanketed
life is hidden
earth stands still
I remember
we are waiting



image from http://mariusp.deviantart.com/art/Four-Seasons-35993741


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and the darkest of hours was the best day ever

Isaiah 46:4

lessons from my students