moon fog


sometimes it's all blurry
like the moon tonight
warm and sleepy and yet there's restlessness and hunger
to know this is not really home
and that means THANK YOU
thank You that I get to be where I am
wading in the messiness of human hearts and many mistakes and
the fathomless depths of Your Words
stars spoken in a treasure chest with beat-up leather covers.  
it's so not the neat and tidy I am comfortable with
but somehow I love that
because You're rearranging my heart
and there is no good symphony built of resolved chords
and the best music is the beautiful tension,
You transforming dark chaos into the light of hope
and in these moments of 
sweat and elbow grease,
blood and baby skin 
empty arms and full, full hearts
somehow even the ache can be beautiful
because even though I will always mourn my little ones
and all the loved ones too far to touch
my heart continues to swell and stretch, 
and I never knew I could carry so many souls inside my story
washed by the sparkling salty water we spill together
wrapped in the hugs that sometimes are all we have to offer
and the sighs
but laughter
will
come
sure as the rising Sun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and the darkest of hours was the best day ever

be my friend