we are weary soldiers

I do not mean for this to sound like I believe myself to be experienced, wise, dramatic, or to have anything figured out. I do not and am not (except perhaps the dramatic part, at least sometimes). I do feel the small things I have been through deeply, and I wrote this in sincerity I think.




My eyes are bloodshot with tears
I have looked and seen sin.

My feet are caked with dirt and blood
from the places I have walked.

My arms are heavy from reaching
unsuccessfully so far.

My head aches with the echoes
of the voices in my dreams.

My shoulder scars are a little numb
where the claws of sin went in.

My hands are shaky
from holding on

My heart, well it's still bleeding
I don't know how long it takes for letting go to heal.

But I just got a much-needed reminder:

One day I will see my Savior
face to face
every tear will be wiped away.
Rev. 21:4

My Savior's in the foot-washing business.
John 13:5

Underneath me are everlasting arms.
Deut. 33:27

Some day His songs will forever ring in my head
and I will understand all that I need to understand.
Rev. 14:3

His yoke is easy,
and His burden is light.
Matt. 11:30

He holds me in the palm of His hand,
and He will never let me go.
Isa. 49:16, Rom. 8:35-39

My heart was made for Him.
He came to bind up the brokenhearted.
Isa.61:1-3, 43:21

One day, the Healer will be the only one with scars.

Comments

Lizzi said…
Image from

http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/exhibits/ww2/services/save2.htm
Heidi said…
"one day the Healer will be the only one with scars"

Praise Him!!!

Popular posts from this blog

and the darkest of hours was the best day ever

be my friend