an effort to recognize

Today, I thank You for
A home that was always open
How many birthdays I heard the story of my birth again, how she became a mom for the first time, how she saw her own face when she looked at mine
The pushing, prying, once in a while tears because she wanted to know how I was doing
Pizza and ice cream in the freezer and the knowledge that we could invite first and
inform her second
For the big dreams and enthusiasm for our futures
That she prays for us.

For the tea, always tea
The orchids in the window, pansies in the garden peace that was always at Oma's place
Always the listening and the special treatment like she was so honored that you were there.
The recurrent gathering again, how she is a magnet in the drawing together of our family
All the hearts that have been under that roof
The foster kids who still send a note every now and then

For the niece who is mine in a small way
For those who let me hold their babies and rejoice with them
For all the kids who've accidentally or jokingly called me Mom
For the one week a year when my arms are full
For my first-loved and how proud they can make me
For the ones I carry in my heart, the ones I've labored for in prayer and tears

The richness, the anguish of love
The mothers that lay down their lives for us in everyday servings,
For Your love pulsing through
Thank You.




Comments

Maurice Luimes said…
Thank you Lizzi for blessing not only your Mom's heart and others too, but mine as well. Love you lots! Dad
Mom said…
The joy that began in December of 1989 when I found out you were on your way, has grown and deepened steadily for all these years. You are such a treasure and I thank God so much for you!!! As for what I have done for you, you are more than welcome, it is my pleasure and my thank you to God! How you enrich my life is so great too, and thank you for that!

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 46:4

Prayer for a Pandemic