my summer song for 2014

I need Thee every hour
Because I can't live without Life, without Hope or Love
Most gracious Lord
Without You, Christ, I stand against a tsunami of holy goodness that should burn my dirty self away
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford
Because it's costly, that peace, so precious that no voice but the Divine can speak it into my days - and You do
I need Thee, Oh I need Thee
I need to know that You bought that Peace, it was already Yours but You bought it for me
Every hour I need Thee
Studying, working, job-hunting, cooking, chatting, cleaning, loving, losing, missing, hoping
Oh bless me now, my Savior
I'm terrified but You've promised it a thousand different ways
so
Pursued by Your love, teach me to yield
I come to Thee

 


 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and the darkest of hours was the best day ever

be my friend