new friends














do you know how unexpected it was
that you wanted to hear my story?
did you know I was surprised
because my stomach hurt from laughing?
it took me so off guard
when what you offered, gave me answers

see, I've gotten used to waiting.

did you guess that I'd be close to tears
because you said "that makes sense"?
did you know you threw me for a loop
when you saw that I was down?
for some reason
it's hard to accept
comfort.

I guess I'm scared of getting used to it
afraid to let myself hope
what if I lose it again?
ah, but pain is only tangibility
the currency of value
proof of richness.
it'll come
even if it's taken yet again
it always comes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and the darkest of hours was the best day ever

Isaiah 46:4

lessons from my students