Learn To Let Go

A request was made for some of my song lyrics, so I am posting them here:

verse 1
I remember your hugs
your little boy swagger
your quizzical expressions
your quick temper
you stole my love
my heart, my attention
I felt like a mother
leaving her son

chorus
can I let you go
after loving you so deep?
teach me to surrender
all these things I want to keep
you'll take a little of my heart
'cause I've held you there
but you're still held by the One
who taught me how to care

v2
He only held her once
knowing she would leave him
he protected and loved
just for a season
she wanted him to be her prince
but she followed her king away
he loved her so he let her go
and he stayed

chorus

v3
She was their precious baby
from another woman's womb
they prayed for adoption
for papers coming soon
but they came and took her
and they wept alone in pain
a new baby cries
can they learn to love again?

chorus

outro
how can I surrender?
how can I let go?
only to His deeper love and sorrow
to His perfect control



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and the darkest of hours was the best day ever

be my friend