wanderer




















summer dawns
and I'm a wanderer
neither here nor there
chapters closed
and not yet begun
but what lies between such a sweet rich freedom
time to
slow
to savor, to enjoy
I've said plenty of goodbyes in my time
but you'll always be a part of who I am
you've taught me how beauty and dignity mesh
you've given me confidence
taught me how to sing
and how to weep
I've let go the little hands that reached
into my mourning heart
and claimed my love and care
when I thought I was done with loving
oh, the Lord knew better
and I've left them in good hands
now things I'd let go of,
the Lord brought them back
He is sovereign over opportunity
so I'll love
because He loves me first





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and the darkest of hours was the best day ever

be my friend